This is an exciting opportunity to share your Trustee experience and expertise whilst helping the Foundation raise funds for local charity partners.
- Actively participate in Trustees meetings
- Involvement with fund raising
- Use your experience and expertise to ensure the Foundation is complying with regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical governance knowledge and leadership and to keep abreast of any developments in the charity sector that are relevant to operations.
- Assist in setting the long-term strategy of the Foundation ensuring it meets its objects and purpose.
- Work in conjunction with fellow trustees in making decisions for the best interest of the Foundation
- In conjunction with your fellow trustees, ensure the proper management and control of all activities and decisions relating to operations
What are we looking for?
We are committed to creating a Board which is representative of our community and surrounding areas. We encourage people from any background to apply. Above all, we are looking for someone who is committed to the Foundations support of local charity partners and who shares our passion for our local community. You will need to be able to work with people and have good interpersonal skills.
- Please note that to become a Trustee, you will need to be aged 18 or over
- Trustees must sign a Trustee Declaration of Willingness to Act to clarify that they are not disqualified from being a trustee. They must also read the Charity Commission’s guidance for individuals on who cannot be a trustee or senior manager of a charity.
- References will also be required.
- As a minimum, trustees would be expected to attend 3 Trustee meetings a year, meetings run for 2 hours. .
How to find out more about being a FKAF Trustee
For more information on becoming a Charity Trustee, and to ensure it is the right decision for you, we recommend visiting the essential trustee.
What difference will you make?
We are looking for someone with a Trustee background that could spare some time to volunteer with us as one of our trustees. This role will give you the chance to influence how much is raised for local charity partners and which charity partners we work with each year.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- The platform to utilise your skills and experience to oversee the charity and make decisions that have a direct impact on the Foundation
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing ones, whilst making a real difference in the local area
- A way to expand your professional and personal network through working with like-minded people.
Closing date: 16th July 2021