Latest business news
The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting firms and individuals alike. Updated each day.
- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
- A fifth of self-employed people will face extra one-off costs.
Find out more
Got a question
Get in touch for a free initial consultation to find out what we can do for you.